Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Latest restore point is already copied

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

Hi guys,

We have a backup copy that runs every 14 days to an internal hard drive. The server rebooted on Saturday morning to install Windows Updates, but we noticed today (Monday) that it ran after the reboot, finishing minutes after with the message "Latest restore point is already copied" for all the VMs, which is incorrect.

I assume it means that it isn't 14 days yet and so it won't run until then, but the message is misleading as it implies that it has no newer backups on which to base the backup copy, which are done daily, including 3 hours before the reboot, so there definitely is!

Have you updated this message in version 11? Will you please look into this if you haven't?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Latest restore point is already copied

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I'm pretty sure, that the message is correct according to you configuration. Yes, such configurations make it more complicated. I recommend to avoid it.
I assume it means that it isn't 14 days yet
probably yes. See my initial answer.

I cannot remember complaints about that message. I'm not sure whether changing it to "Latest eligible restore point is already copied" really makes it better.

Best regards,
Hannes