Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
yayopec
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Veeam CLI get Size of Backup

Post by yayopec »

Hello there,

Is there a command that I can use on the linux cli to get the size of a file-level backup?

I've seen that there exists this command ->

Code: Select all

veeamconfig backup show --id <backup_id>
which unfortunately only works for volume-level backups...

Thanks for any feedback/help!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Veeam CLI get Size of Backup

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Do you want to get the size of a particular backup file, or you would like to know the amount of data that a particluar restore point contains (a restore point might consist of several backup files).

Thanks!
yayopec
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Re: Veeam CLI get Size of Backup

Post by yayopec »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I'm trying to get the size of the last backup, like how much data was backed up with the last backup job instance.

To clarify: I have a repository (the target folder for backups) on a samba share. This contains the .vbm file, one .vbk file from the first backup job and multiple .vib files from incremental backups that have been run later.

Out of the two of your options I think the latter one is kind of what I need. I need to know how much data has been stored "within the backup job". In other words, I need to figure out how much data has been stored within this backup job, a.k.a this backup jobs target folger (smb://sharedfolder/jobname/)
I'm not sure whether this would mean we'd have to calculate the size of the .vbk plus all the .vib files or just the newest .vib file...

I hope this clarifies what I'm trying to achieve here...