Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
bkain1
Expert
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Becki Kain

enhancement request, dump to text

Post by bkain1 »

i'd like to request an enhancement, the ability to dump to text the alert configurations, in order to save them and also to see them, all together. having to click each one individually to see what the actions are, tied to them is inefficient, unless there is another way to see them, as a group.

thanks

becki kain
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: enhancement request, dump to text

Post by wishr »

Hi Becki,

Could you please explain in detail the usage scenario? Also, what do you call "alert configurations"?

Thanks
bkain1
Expert

Post by bkain1 »

I'm new to looking at v1 (well, the veeam suite in general) and i'm trying to set different events to happen, for each built in alarm. i want some to send emails, some to write a file, some to do both. it seems that settings, for actions, get unset, somehow so I'd like to set a bunch of alarms (basically, all of alarm->backup and replication) and then be able to dump the settings to text, like a json, to be able to reload them if they somehow get changed. thank you
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Becki,

Does this functionality address your request?

Thanks!
bkain1
Expert

Post by bkain1 » 1 person likes this post

yes! that's great! does this mean though that I'll be able to import one alert "action" (aka, send email to person A and write a file) to a group of alarms, or does it have to be a 1:1 upload? I had asked, in another forum post, about group actions, for alarms, because we want different actions for each alarm trigger. And thank you again. I look forward to testing V11 next week
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Importing a single action is not possible, it will be the entire alarm with all its settings. Thanks!