Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
astoinemicro
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: morad astoine

Case #04668477 — A SEPARATE BACKUP JOB FOR (LOCAL AND CLOUD )

Post by astoinemicro »

HI ;
i received a notification from azure that my credit which i estimated that will last till the end of year , will not be possible .
My actual backup stratégy is a SOBR for a Local backup repository and a Blob storage on azure ( incremential everyday and a complete backup every week ) .
My question is , how can i have more control over the cloud section , it would be great if i can schedulel for example :
Localy : whatever strategy i want to use and on the cloud section : to take ( One Complete backup and all the others will be incremential ) .
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Case #04668477 — A SEPARATE BACKUP JOB FOR (LOCAL AND CLOUD )

Post by veremin »

This is not how Scale-Out Backup Repository works - think about it as a single repository system, so, whatever data lands on Performance Tier will be copied or moved to Capacity Tier (Microsoft Azure Blob Storage in your case). You cannot have a separate schedule or different retention for Capacity Tier, as those are job, not repository settings.

You can create a separate SOBR, attach Capacity Tier to it, create backup copy job with whatever schedule and retention settings you want and point it to the newly-created SOBR.

Thanks!