Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bproteau
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Brian Proteau

WAN Acceleration HyperIP vs. Silver Peak VX-Express

Post by bproteau »

We are migrating 500 VMs across a 10GbE link (30ms) and I'm seeing 8Mbps. I'm looking at ways to increase throughput and have see alot of HyperIP recommendations in this forum. Has anyone compared this to Silver Peak VX-Express? It was mentioned as an alternative and didn't know if a side by side existed. I welcome any advice or opinion and admit I'm at most a novice with respect to networking.
mleskela
Technology Partner

Re: WAN Acceleration HyperIP vs. Silver Peak VX-Express

Post by mleskela »

Hi, I work for the HyperIP team at NetEx software. I don't have side by side numbers, but you can run a free 30 day eval with HyperIP, it's as easy as downloading and installing a HyperIP VM at each site. You can download it from www.netex.com . The same VM scales from 1 to 800Mb and has a very small footprint. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mitch Leskela
HyperIP team at NetEx
mitch.leskela@netex.com
Silver Peak ED
Lurker
Full Name: Everett Dolgner

Post by Silver Peak ED »

Hi bproteau,
I am a product manager at Silver Peak. Have you tested the VX-Xpress? While it is limited to 4 Mbps, it can help give you an understanding of the benefits that Silver Peak provides. The Silver Peak VXOA software provides bandwidth reduction, acceleration, and helps repair network issues like loss and out of order. You can read about another Veeam deployment with VX-Xpress here http://www.vx-xpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25. From your post I see that you have a lot of bandwidth. Silver Peak has virtual appliances that scale to 1 Gb and can be licensed annually as a subscription, perfect for data center migrations.

Let me know if we can help.
lobo519
Veteran
Liked: 38 times

Post by lobo519 »

I am a current user of hyperip and starting to demo silver peak - I will post any findings. If you are a new customer they have a BOGO but they would not honor it for me.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Thank you very much! There has been enough marketing in this thread, and now the community will surely benefit from more technical content, as well as some real-world results ;)
jpaul
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Justin Paul

Post by jpaul »

bproteau wrote:We are migrating 500 VMs across a 10GbE link (30ms) and I'm seeing 8Mbps. I'm looking at ways to increase throughput and have see alot of HyperIP recommendations in this forum. Has anyone compared this to Silver Peak VX-Express? It was mentioned as an alternative and didn't know if a side by side existed. I welcome any advice or opinion and admit I'm at most a novice with respect to networking.
How are u migrating the data? Storage vmotion or something else? If you are doing replicas I would then ask if your replication to sexist hosts or esx?