Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
bengoa@tulane.edu
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alex Bengoa

Max time on SureBackup Job

Post by bengoa@tulane.edu »

Dear Veeam Community,

Is there a maximum time that a Surebackup Job can run? I have set up two jobs and after sometime it shuts down gracefully.

ie. I start a job at 2PM. The JOB posted that all the VM loaded successfully. I worked on the VM's in the virtual lab until 5pm. When I came back the following day the Virtual Lab was off. I looked at the log and the job appeared to shutdown gracefully. I tried two times. Is this by design that they shut off after a certain period of time.

Under SureBackup in the Job Setting under Application Group, 'Keep the application group runing once the job completes' is CHECKED.

We are doing an upgrade of a system and we are testing the effect it has on the production data.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Max time on SureBackup Job

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Alex, there is no max run time limit for the SureBackup job. Please be aware that SureBackup job remains running until any linked backup job is triggered and this is what automatically shuts SB job down. Could this possibly be the case?
bengoa@tulane.edu
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alex Bengoa

Post by bengoa@tulane.edu »

Vitalay,

Thank you! I believe that is what is happening. I am going to create a separate job to run once on the the target VM and create my Surebackup jobs of of those backup. Instead of creating the jobs from production backups. That should work?

Alex
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Definitely!