Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
withanh
Veteran
Liked: never
Full Name: Darhl

UAC on one server but not the other

Post by withanh »

On one of my Veeam 5 backup servers, it does not ask for UAC permission to launch. The icon does not show the UAC shield

On a new Veeam 5 server (same OS/SP level - Win08R2Sp1) it does ask for UAC before launching and the icon does show the UAC shield

Both servers were installed from the same cloned template, both installed using the same user. What would account for the difference? And even though it's just an annoyance, how can I get the new server to not ask for UAC every time.

h
For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke's Fourth Law
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6693 times

Re: UAC on one server but not the other

Post by Gostev »

I would guess one server has UAC disabled in the server settings, and the other is not. Google on how to disable UAC, it is very easy. I always disable UAC too, I find it very irritating at best!
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

OK, I just thought it was strange that one did and not the other. I don't remember disabling UAC on the first server, but since I can barely remember what I had for breakfast this morning, I'm not surprised I can't remember something I did a couple of years ago.

And I agree, UAC is normally a pain!

h
For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke's Fourth Law
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

Interesting that even with UAC disabled, the shield still shows on the 2nd server and not on the original one.
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

And a reboot fixed it.

h