Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Mohamed Boukredia
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Boukredia Mohamed

Error on Job

Post by Mohamed Boukredia »

Case ID : 04672006
I encountered a problem when launching a backup job on veeam, the error message is as follows: Not enough licences
any one have an idea ?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Error on Job

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Mohamed.

Your support contract has expired, although you have perpetual per-socket license if my understanding is correct.
Unfortunately there are no logs attached to your case, but only a screenshot of a welcome screen.

What are you trying to backup or what type of job you have?
Was that job working before?

/Thanks!
Mohamed Boukredia
Novice

i am trying to backup VMs and shared files..
this jobs worked before when i used and other server, currently, this server is down because of an ransomware attaque, so i hade to reinstall a new server and put the licence. At this time it's ok, when i have configured Jobs, it does not work as i explained before.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

License management window(seen you found it already) should guide your way to determine where sockets were allocated with ability to revoke them back.
Note that with socket based license you will not be able to backup workloads of other types, for example using Veeam Agents(judging your contract expiration date and your screenshot has 9.5.0.1536 build "u3", that is your currently installed version, right?). I am quite sure gifted licenses first came out with VBR9.5u4, so if your previous VBR installation was of higher version, that would make sense that some jobs are failing now.
/Cheers!
Mohamed Boukredia
Novice

Hello
in adition on my previous poste, i dont have the revok option on licence tab.i can revok any server, there is nothing. what can i do ?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Can you provide a screenshot of license information window (with sensitive information hidden, of course) as well as of sockets or instances tab?

Thanks!