Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Zew
Veteran
Liked: 80 times
Full Name: Aemilianus Kehler

Disable Health check on Just a Backup Copy Job

Post by Zew »

I use a dedicated proxy machine with a dedicated rotated external drive for air gapped backups. It works great.

Generally never had much of an issues with the process. However I noticed the health check was sitting @ 5%, considering this was running over night, that felt ridiculous. Knowing this is a I/OO intensive operation on an external drive isn't ideal, but it is what it is, any even for this it felt stuck, so logging into the proxy and checking the I/O, shows nothing on the external drive, so I click disable on the BCJ (as it's an older style one) which hangs and does nothing so I reboot the Veeam server.

I figured maybe I could just disable the health check, so I search and it appears only available option under a regular backup job wizard. https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110.

searching specifically for BCJ all I could find was this Veeam form post.
vmware-vsphere-f24/question-regarding-h ... 58365.html

So if one wanted to disable health check on just a BCJ, how does one do it?
Zew
Veteran
Liked: 80 times
Full Name: Aemilianus Kehler

Re: Disable Health check on Just a Backup Copy Job

Post by Zew » 1 person likes this post

Ughhh.. under the BCJ wizard -> Target -> Advanced -> first tab (Maintenance). there it is... Doh, wrote this post too soon! My bad
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Disable Health check on Just a Backup Copy Job

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Aemilianus,

Thank you for keeping us informed, glad you've already solved it.
I'll leave the link to the guide here - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

Thanks!