Management reporting and documentation
mteamjpy
Enthusiast
Liked: never

report chargeback

Post by mteamjpy »

HI,

I'm currently working to make a presentation of your software which match our management requirement
so i have a lot of question
i installed everything monitor reporter bussiness view enterprise ...

1. where are report or report pack related to chargeback (except bussiness view where are report pack download pageà
2. you seem to base chargeback on change what about to link it to enterprise manager and transform lab request in new vm request

Like that when one of my client request for a new vm i can facture it directy

3. why is the connection to the SQL reporter so hard ?

4. in bussiness view i would link the used storage via my vm group i 'll try to do it by report instead of bussiness view because is not possible on bussiness

do you have any better more complex manual for all your product and all your product together

thanks in advance
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: report chargeback

Post by Vitaliy S. »

mteamjpy wrote:where are report or report pack related to chargeback (except bussiness view where are report pack download page)
There is no additional report pack, you should be using Business View to create basic chargeback reports.
mteamjpy wrote:you seem to base chargeback on change what about to link it to enterprise manager and transform lab request in new vm request
Unfortunately, I cannot understand what you're talking about. Are you referring to Veeam B&R Enterprise Manager?
mteamjpy wrote:why is the connection to the SQL reporter so hard ?
What is so hard? Could you please elaborate it further?
mteamjpy wrote:in bussiness view i would link the used storage via my vm group i 'll try to do it by report instead of bussiness view because is not possible on bussiness
Are you trying to create report using Veeam Reporter or Business View?
mteamjpy
Enthusiast

Post by mteamjpy »

HI ,
thanks for the reply

1. I downloaded bussines view made the mapping with the monitor and the report but i dind't get any new report option.

2. yes , the enterprise manager give the option to install a client , who allow some user to request LAB . that would be good if we can use that client to request new vm implementation perfect if we can link up with a chargeback function including a preview of the maintenance fee / one time fee .... if the request need to be delayed because the request is outside our ressources reserver ...( i think i'll need to do this by myself :-()

3. i get a lot of problem to make it working :
a. i must pass all related to report on port 80 to be more easy
b. the testing connection never worked out so until i found it i alsmost lost half a day of work.
c. we install it on the same time then the reporter so why it isn't already configured to work with it ?

4. at the first i wanted to organize the bussiness view with the information then i needed so classing vm by client storage by client ...

in bussiness view is impossible because storage is cleary separated from vm

I would like to have VM /bussiness groups(client name )/used storage space and only bussiness groups/used storrage space
same thing for cpu /memory ....... but my storage is of course not separated by client

if you can help me I would be in maesure to make a good présentation of your soft :-)

some more question
1. how i can make myself report pack ?
2. the plugin to link your product to the vcenter client is great with not including it
3. i think then i'll pass all report and monitoring result provided by veeam trough sharepoint to allow multiple dashboard /different user and better charging back option
by chance do you have any module or sample?

thanks again

Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

mteamjpy wrote:1. I downloaded bussines view made the mapping with the monitor and the report but i dind't get any new report option.
There won't be new reports, but if you switch to business view tree within the Reporter or Monitor you'll see that some of the reports can be generated for the BV groups.
mteamjpy wrote:2. yes , the enterprise manager give the option to install a client , who allow some user to request LAB . that would be good if we can use that client to request new vm implementation perfect if we can link up with a chargeback function including a preview of the maintenance fee / one time fee .... if the request need to be delayed because the request is outside our ressources reserver ...( i think i'll need to do this by myself )
Enterprise Manager is not intended to be used in this manner, it's more about managing multiple backup servers and use virtual lab requests.
mteamjpy wrote:3. i get a lot of problem to make it working :
a. i must pass all related to report on port 80 to be more easy
b. the testing connection never worked out so until i found it i alsmost lost half a day of work.
c. we install it on the same time then the reporter so why it isn't already configured to work with it ?
For all technical issues with the product, please do contact our support team for assistance.
mteamjpy wrote:4. at the first i wanted to organize the bussiness view with the information then i needed so classing vm by client storage by client ...in bussiness view is impossible because storage is cleary separated from vm
Have you seen that you can group VM based on the consumed disk space? Does it work for you?
mteamjpy wrote:I would like to have VM /bussiness groups(client name )/used storage space and only bussiness groups/used storrage space
same thing for cpu /memory ....... but my storage is of course not separated by client
Do you have any special naming convention applied for the client VMs? You can group all VMs based on the their names and export all the information required from the Workspace tab.
mteamjpy wrote:1. how i can make myself report pack ?
You cannot create a report pack, but you can create a report based on the parameters provided.
mteamjpy wrote:3. i think then i'll pass all report and monitoring result provided by veeam trough sharepoint to allow multiple dashboard /different user and better charging back option
by chance do you have any module or sample?
As far as I know the corresponding whitepaper showing SharePoint and Veeam Reporter integration should be available by the end of this month, meanwhile you can take a look a our User Guides or request a live demo from one of our System Engineers (you register to this demo on our website).

Thanks.
mteamjpy
Enthusiast

Post by mteamjpy »

thanks i managed to make my presentation
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

For those who are interested we have a SharePoint integration document available on our web-site (under Resources tab). Thanks!
davida
Influencer
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: David Avice

Post by davida »

Hi Vitaliy or anyone else

Have you got the link for the Sharepoint Integration as i can't find it under the resources tab.

Thank you in advance.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Well it's over there ;) Here is the direct link to this document: How-to Guide: Integrating Veeam ONE Reporting into Microsoft SharePoint