Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
GreenhornGreg
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Virtualis Solutions

Looking for Assistance immutable cloud storage GFS Archival solution

Post by GreenhornGreg »

Hi, I am looking for assistance with setting up a cloud backed immutable storage solution for my company. I picked this sub-forum as a likely place but I'm not sure, exactly, where to post this. I hope I'm not committing a major faux pas for even asking.

From my extensive reading, long time lurking and seeing the quality of forum posting and general assistance I've decided that Veeam B&R fits the bill for what I need and I'm now wanting to move forward with design and implementation.

I know if I have a specific question that these forums are great (long time lurker & the newsletter) but I don't even know where to ask for some knowledgeable assistance with deciding exactly how to set up for what I want to achieve. I don't feel it's a great idea to blurt out how we're architected and exactly what I want so I was hoping I could get some tips on where to look / who to contact for this sort of thing.

I've done some googling to search for individuals / companies who can help advise me (not looking for handouts - paid gig) on my implementation design. I've no problem keeping things going once set up, but do not have enough bandwidth in my day to research and evaluate the many options I've seen. We have a day-to-day backup solution that's working great, but I need a long term archival / GFS type storage setup for long term retention and assurance that a backup can't be deleted once created for the term specified when the backup is created (varies by the backup).

I'm open to messages if that's allowable.

Thank you all & Blessings,
-g
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Looking for Assistance immutable cloud storage GFS Archival solution

Post by Gostev »

Hi G,

If I understood you correctly, you are looking for someone we call VASP > https://www.veeam.com/find-a-veeam-accr ... rtner.html

Thanks!
GreenhornGreg
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Virtualis Solutions

Re: Looking for Assistance immutable cloud storage GFS Archival solution

Post by GreenhornGreg »

Perfect. Yes & Thanks. I'll be researching that now. Appreciate the response!