Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
sbaltic
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Sebastijan

ConfigStoreRootPath

Post by sbaltic »

Hello,

how can I change the configstorerooth path .... I have the right path (the directory actually exists), but still have this problem:
- Cannot find Hyper-V virtual machine group information on host

Object Name Value Type
------ ---- ----- ----
Virtual Machine Cluster WMI ConfigStoreRootPath C:\ClusterStorage\EMC_raid5\Shared String

I don't use shared vhdx, but still don't like to see any errors or warnings.

Thx

Sebastijan
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: ConfigStoreRootPath

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Hi Sebastijan,

You added a Hyper-V cluster?

Did you look through this support article? https://www.veeam.com/kb2194

Thanks
Mike
ortec-RW
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Richard Willkomm

Post by ortec-RW »

Sorry to hijack this old thread.
I also have the warning in the job log : Cannot Find Hyper-V virtual machine group information on host

But the weird thing is that this warning was not there before. The HyperV cluster in question was already added to Veeam years ago. And the job in question too. The warning was never there. I did not have the issue when the cluster was added to Veeam either like it says in the KB article.
The warning popped up after we migrated our central Veeam server to a new machine using a config backup and restore. The job works just fine, only it throws this warning ever since.

I have another HyperV 2016 cluster added in Veeam, but no active jobs on there yet. The other clusters are all Win 2019 and have lots of jobs but non with this warning. We also don't use shared-VHDX, well at least not on VM's that are added to backup jobs. The value on that parameter is empty (never set) in all my clusters.

So, this leads me to believe the issue is in a totally other area then what the KB article describes.
Any ideas ?

Greetings
Richard
johan.h
Veeam Software
Liked: 182 times
Full Name: Johan Huttenga

Post by johan.h »

Did any of your volume layout change? Did a system update take place? Are you able to confirm the value of ConfigStoreRootPath points to an accessible directory and that this can be written to?

I'd recommend opening a support case.
ortec-RW
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Richard Willkomm

Post by ortec-RW »

No, the Volumes in the clusters are S2D Luns and have been the way they are since the begining. No system updates took place, apart from the regular monthly updates to Windows, but they don't coincide with the moment the warnings started appearing.
The ConfigStoreRootPath is not configured on any of our clusters. We never knew about this setting at all, and it's never been an issue, and isn't an issue with our 2019 clusters so far.

Only real thing that changed was that we migrated our main Veeam Server from machineA to machineB via Config Backup and Import. But I cannot connect that step to this specific error appearing on only 1 cluster because we have a missing value, that wasn't there either before the migration.

I'll open a call.
johan.h
Veeam Software
Liked: 182 times
Full Name: Johan Huttenga

Post by johan.h »

Sounds good, let us know what the ticket number is here. Normally the ConfigStoreRootPath setting would be necessary for shared disks and VM Group processing.