Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
Ludwig.Penny
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ludwig Penny

Rescan of Workstation - Agent Deployment issues

Post by Ludwig.Penny »

Case #04704680 - 1st issue

Unable to deploy agents to Laptops and Workstations

Additional Details: When creating a backup job for a workstation adding the machine fails with (Unable to process host: rescan required) then Rescan of Machine fails with the below error.

2021/03/17 12:12:57 :: Unable to install backup agent: cannot connect to Computername.net Error: [Computername.sysproza.net] Failed to check whether remote Installer service is available.

2nd Issue:
One other issue I have is I cant add a standalone (Workgroup) hyper-v host with a local user account to veeam inventory. (I get access denied) tried disabling the firewall for testing purposes but that does not work. I have logged in with the local veeam account created so its not permissions either (Veeam local account is part of local admin).
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Rescan of Workstation - Agent Deployment issues

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Ludwig,

Speaking of the agents' deployment, it's hard to guess without the logs, so I would say you need to continue working with Support on this issue.

As for "access denied" issue, I would recommend to open a separate Support case and (if you need to raise a discussion on forums) separate thread. It's easier to keep different discussions in different threads.

Thanks!
Ludwig.Penny
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ludwig Penny

Post by Ludwig.Penny »

Managed to get both sorted, agent deployments were being blocked by local ESET firewall and the Stand alone host issue was resolved by using the built-in (Local Administrator users account) both other accounts (SysAdmin) and (Veeam local accounts) which were created with local admin privileges didn't work. Halleluyyyaaaa !!!!!
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Ludwig,

Glad you've sorted this!
Hope your solution will help someone else who could face the same issue.

Thanks!