Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
tommls
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Tom Lyczko

two bridged NICs or just one NIC within Veeam 11 VM???

Post by tommls »

Our current Windows Server 2012 Veeam 9.5u4 VMs each have two NICs that are somehow connected or teamed together to be one NIC that says 'Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver'.

I am presently making a new Windows Server 2019 Veeam server -- a vSphere virtual server.

Is it still necessary or worthwhile to give the new Veeam server 2 NICs?????

The whole setup looks very different within Windows Server 2019 than within Windows Server 2012.
Win2k19 calls it a 'Network Bridge' and won't let me see the properties of the other Ethernet NICs.

Thank you, Tom
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 525 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: two bridged NICs or just one NIC within Veeam 11 VM???

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hi Tom,

There is no mandatory requirement to have NIC teaming on Veeam server. The main benefit of NIC teaming is its load-balancing capabilities and the possibility to improve fault-tolerance and network performance. Basically, the necessity to make such a bridge is dictated by infrastructure specific however it could be useful on Veeam server if it acted as a backup proxy or repository which processes a lot of concurrent tasks.

Thanks!
tommls
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Tom Lyczko

Re: two bridged NICs or just one NIC within Veeam 11 VM???

Post by tommls » 1 person likes this post

It's our only all-in-one Veeam server that does everything. :)
I did add another NIC and I did figure out how to team the two NICs, since our previous server was set up this way.
Thank you, Tom