Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Arnold
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Arnold

Veeam Job ID...

Post by Arnold »

We are looking to daisy chain Veeam jobs one after the other and am looking at running a simple POST script like:

C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and FastSCP\VeeamManager.exe" backup job ID (found this in a previous post)

My question is, and I am sure the answer is a simple one :D , how can I find out the ID of the job???

Cheers.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Job ID...

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Arnold,

Please have a look at the existing thread for the answer:

http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... hain#p7827

Thanks!
Arnold
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Arnold

Post by Arnold »

Vitaliy...thank you for the fast reply :D and how stupid do I feel :oops: that was the exact same post I found the command, and I went all the way to the last screen, but didn't actually read what was in the "Complete Backup wizard" window....

I'm off to bury my head in the sand now :P
1-0-1
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Bernd

Post by 1-0-1 »

Is there a way to get this from powershell. Get-VBRJob only list some job details but no ID. Tried get-help get-vbrjob -full and it does not seem to support this. Is there any other powershell command to support this?
jamcool
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Jason Mount

Post by jamcool »

Does not look like anybody ever found a solution for finding Job ID. I had a tech want me to put in registry the job ID to fix something and was told that I would have to generate a log for every job to get that information. Each log is many GBs I am having to submit to Veeam and then wait for each one to get analyzed just to get a Job ID number. Looks like on old version of Veeam the Job ID was in the summary but that is not the came now. Be nice if there was Powershell command to get it or better yet put it back in the console.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Should be pretty easy to get this information through PowerShell:

Code: Select all

Get-VBRJob | Select name, Id
Thanks!