Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Westfale
Novice
Liked: never

After updating to Veeam 10 I cannot see filenames on older tapes

Post by Westfale »

Hello,

last week I have updated Veeam B&R from 9.5 to 10. Everything went fine, and backups are running.

Every saturday I save the latest full backups to tape. Today I wanted to check if this has worked also. When I was checking the backups, I noticed two things:

I cannot see files of tape backups that have been created with 9.5. When I select a tape, right click on it, go to Properties -> Files, I can only see the name of the veeam backup server. I cannot expand it to see the individual files. I can only see the individual files on the tape backup from last weekend that has been created with Veeam B&R 10. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

The regular backups of seven servers are created on a NAS in a folder called "Sicherung". From there the backups are copied to tape. When I go to Properties -> Files on the latest tape backup, I have two entries on the top level. First entry is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\Sicherung (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ist the IP address of the NAS), second entry is the veeam server. When I expand both entries, the second level of both entries is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\Sicherung, and when I expand these, I have one server backup under the first top level entry and the other six server backups under the second top level entry ( I hope it is understandable...). Why is it so? With 9.5 there was only one top level entry, and all backups were under these entry.

Thanks in advance,
Martin
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: After updating to Veeam 10 I cannot see filenames on older tapes

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Martin,

The described behavior is unexpected. Can you please raise a support case and share the case id with us? Thank you!
Westfale
Novice

Post by Westfale »

Hello Dima,

case id is #04686115 .
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Martin,

Thanks for the case, shared with RnD. Meanwhile please keep working with the support team. Cheers!
Westfale
Novice

Post by Westfale »

Hello,

Veeam support recommended to catalog the old tapes, and after that, all files were visible again. Also I had to adapt a Powershell-Script because UNC-paths could not be used as a parameter for New-VBRFileToTapeObject anymore.

Now everything is ok again.