Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

How to get state of configuration database resync?

Post by mikeely »

Got in this Monday to all my SOBR offloads failed with "Local index is not synchronized with object storage, please rescan the scale-out backup repository" which seems a simple enough fix only... hours later... synchronization job is still working on the capacity tier (Backblaze). And there's no progress indicator on the resync window.

I know there's a lot of data to parse, but which logs should I be looking at to see how far along we are here? We're using per-vm backups so I should be able to at least get some sense of what's done so far.
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: How to get state of configuration database resync?

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hi Mike,

I would check this folder: C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\Utils\DatabaseResynchronizer. Also, you can ask our support engineers for help to interpret some entries if you don't manage to quickly find an answer to your question after having a look at logs.

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: How to get state of configuration database resync?

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

In the mentioned folder try to find Task.DatabaseResynchronizer.%ObjectStorageName%.log file, open it and check the following commands:

- ArchRepo.EnumIndicesInBackup - this command is executed at the beginning, it enumerates backup chains to rescan (works rather quickly)
- [CCapacityTierRepositoriesProcessor] Processing indices of Archive Backup - this command is executed after the first one, it rescans backup chains (consumes most of time)

Thanks!