Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Backup_Guy
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Kevin Markle

Veeam One Upgrade..

Post by Backup_Guy »

Veeam Case: #04718774

I'm trying to upgrade to Veeam One 10a. When I try and install the app from the ISO version that support said to use "VeeamONE_10.0.2.1094_20200716". It gives me 2 options 1) Remove & 2) Repair. The way my mind works is there should be a option for upgrade? I followed the link under support for upgrades and it pointed me to the same ISO which has no upgrade option. The Veeam documentation says this:
>
Upgrading Veeam ONE
Before you upgrade, be sure to perform a backup of the SQL database for Veeam ONE, so that you can easily go
back to previous version in case of issues with upgrade.
Before you upgrade check that:
• If you are running Veeam Availability Suite, upgrade Veeam ONE first; Veeam Backup & Replication must
be upgraded after Veeam ONE
• Veeam ONE Monitor Client runs on the supported operating system
• You are running Veeam ONE version 9.5 updates 3, 4 or 4a (builds № 9.5.0.3801, 9.5.4.4566 and
<
If they want to make this easier maybe have a link that points to the correct upgrade files and documentation that shows the steps to upgrade. I'm not uninstalling anything unless the instructions say to do so..

Kevin
Help needed please...
Thanks for looking!

Kevin
Backup_Guy
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Kevin Markle

Re: Veeam One Upgrade..

Post by Backup_Guy »

As it turns out support advised me that the repair option is the one to use for upgrades...
Thanks for looking!

Kevin
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Veeam One Upgrade..

Post by wishr »

Hi Kevin,

There is always an "Upgrade" button that kicks off the upgrade so the issue is not related to a specific ISO. In the case when you only see the uninstall and repair options it means that you've already tried to install the update and succeded or the upgrade process has been interrupted for whatever reason and "rollback" failed. In the latter situation, the best way to address it is by raising a support case.

Btw, links to the upgrade instructions are always included in a release notes document (this one is just an example, for VONE v11). Alternatively, you may always open our Help Center and find a required guide.

Thanks