Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Filippo1975
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Filippo M

Veeam Cloud Gateway sizing and monitor

Post by Filippo1975 »

Hello Everybody,
we are veeam cloud service providers and we offer both the remote backups and replica service to ours customers through veeam cloud connect.
Everything is fine.. In this moment we have configured three cloud gateway servers and we have configured a load balancing infrastracture as suggested in this article...

https://vccbook.io/2.Architecture/2.11- ... nents.html

But is there a way to understand if one or more gateway are too loaded? How to understand if we need to add other resources or gateway ?
Thanks
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam Cloud Gateway sizing and monitor

Post by Mildur »

You can use veeam One for monitoring your cloud Gateways. It will get you an overview and some reports about the environment.
Veeam One is free for Veeam Cloud Connect Environment.

Reports:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/r ... ml?ver=110

Monitoring:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/m ... ml?ver=110
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

There's a daily Cloud Connect Infrastructure health email report that will provides an indication when you're approaching the scalability limit.

@Filippo1975 this thread will be moved into the dedicated private forum for service providers, there's the dedicated subforum for Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure where such topics have been discussed for many years now. Please apply to the corresponding forum User Group to get access.

Thanks!
Filippo1975
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Filippo M

Post by Filippo1975 »

Thank you very much Gostev!
I didn't find previously this dedicated subforum so I've posted this question on the the main veeam service provider forum...
Glad to know there is a special dedicated forum for vcp .. But where is it? Could please help me on finding it?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

You can add yourself to the „Cloud & Service Provider“ usergroup on this page. You have to be registered in the forum with your work address from a registered service Provider for automatic approval (i think) :)

ucp.php?i=167

The „Veeam Cloud & Service Providers Forum“ will then be visible in the root of this forum.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

And speaking about the report, pay attention to the infrastructure status section. Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Filippo1975 wrote: Mar 25, 2021 1:02 pmGlad to know there is a special dedicated forum for vcp .. But where is it?
Please be sure to follow the official VCSP communication from Veeam closely. These emails have a lot of useful information for you as a Veeam service provider, in particular they mention this dedicated forum in almost every message :D