Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Simon_LBC
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Simon C.

How to Migrate VM from Hyper-V to VMware with Veeam (Instant Recovery) but WITHOUT vMotion licence!!

Post by Simon_LBC »

I found this amazing detailed guide to migrate VMs from Hyper-V host to EXSi host, what I am doing new because we are changing our production serveur for a brand new one.

https://hyper-converged.com/2020/03/06/ ... veeam-v10/

Unfortunately while everything in this guide is super clear even if it's for Veeam 10 and I am on Veeam 11 our business only own a VMware Essential 7.x licence since we only have a single standalone server, so I don't have the licence for vMotion! So is there a workaround to perform the migration with Veeam without using vMotion? I don't care if I have to shutdown a production VM or something like that during the migration.

Thank you!! :D
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: How to Migrate VM from Hyper-V to VMware with Veeam (Instant Recovery) but WITHOUT vMotion licence!!

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Simon,

Veeam Quick Migration will be automatically used if vMotion is not present or cannot be used.
Just click "Migrate to Production" and follow the wizard - Veeam will pick suitable transport mode for you.

/Cheers!