Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
Kitkat
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: KK

Offsite copy - Is this possible?

Post by Kitkat »

Hi Guys,

Is this possible?

Server A was being backed up offsite over the WAN (3TB) 2 months ago. (backup job is now deleted but the backup data remains on the repository)
2 weeks ago a new local onsite server was installed (which is now the local repository). This is the same source data but a new job, new target...

I need to create a copy of this new backup to go offsite (the same repository where the old copy was sent 2 months ago. Could I create a new 'copy job' from the local job. Pause, copy the data over from 2 months ago. Resume the job and hope Veaam will sort it all out, I am trying to save the need for 4 TB to go over the WAN again?

Thanks.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Offsite copy - Is this possible?

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
if the old job was a backup copy job, then a new feature is mentioned in the V11 What's new document. BCJ detects existing BCJ data. The data must be available already when the backup copy job starts (not sure what you mean with "pause" and "resume".

Best regards,
Hannes
Kitkat
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: KK

Post by Kitkat »

The old job was not a copy but a primary. What I am asking if possible: is if somehow I can manipulate a new job-copy to sync up with a old primary (which is the same data but from a job perspective - unrelated).

I don't think this will work and that I'll just need to create a new copy over the WAN, I was just curious..
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

the only alternative that comes into my mind is doing a BCJ in the remote location and send the data with hard-disk and parcel service.

depending on your bandwidth, that might be a faster way