Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
LoWd0Wn
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rudy Schoenfeld

Manual Back up

Post by LoWd0Wn »

Hi,
I am new to this software
I was running Acronis 2013 and found it was incompatible with Windows 10. I tried the 2021 version and it was so different from 2013 that I went looking for a new software and came across you thru my tech.
So with 2013 I could plug in my usb back up drive and run a manual back up every Sunday with Acronis.
So after downloading and installing Veeam and making the recovery disc I set up a back up. It worked wonderfully. But I did not set a schedule as I was hoping to do it manually. There was an option for a full active back up for a certain day of the week. I picked Sunday. I might have misunderstood that. Anyway when I plug in my usb next Sunday will it just add another full back up or will it remove the old one that was there and replace it with the new one. That was how I had it set when I was using my old software. If not can you explain what I should do instead to get just the new back up in place. If that can be done?

I just spoke to my tech as he uses it and he is not sure of my question so I set it up to do an an incremental back up every Sunday. But would love to know if my question of a manual back up can happen. I am presently using the just the free till I understand the software better and what it does.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Manual Back up

Post by Gostev »

Just to confirm, what Veeam product are you talking about? As something you said makes me wonder if you posted in the correct sub-forum. Thanks!
LoWd0Wn
Novice

Post by LoWd0Wn »

I am talking about the Veeam Agent for Windows 5.004301 Free Edition.
Maybe I posted in the wrong area. Not sure. I thought I would get an email replay but did not l. Sorry for the delay
LoWd0Wn
Novice

Post by LoWd0Wn »

Worked it out . All good.