Agentless, cloud-native backup for Google Cloud
ndymond
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Nick Dymond

Integration with VeeamONE

Post by ndymond »

Can/Will Veeam BU for GCP be able to be integrated to the VeeamONE Reporting tool and Enterprise Manager as well to monitor jobs and pull KPI's like our on-prem Availability Suite?

I haven't updated to v11, so please forgive me if this is already addressed with the release.

Thanks!!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Integration with VeeamONE

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
"can"...probably yes (no time estimation possible right now)... you are asking for many different product in one thread... it also depends what your "KPIs" are. :-)

For Enterprise Manager: what is the use-case there? Only reporting of successful jobs? As for now there is no integration available for Veeam Backup for AWS / Azure / Google. The first thing would probably be to have a plugin for Google for VBR (today available for Veeam backup for AWS & Azure only)

For VeeamONE: which reports and alarms you are using today are most important for you?

Best regards,
Hannes
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Nick,

Veeam ONE team here. Yes, it's planned, I just cannot share any ETA at the moment.

If you could provide, as Hannes suggested, a list of Veeam ONE reports/alarms you'd like to be supporting Veeam Backup for Google that would definitely help!

Thanks
ndymond
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Nick Dymond

Post by ndymond » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for the replies.

Oh boy.. I can gather the alarms and such, but my KPI's are generated with the Custom Reporting functionality generated by the Business View "pools" that are created for certain environments.

We also have a dashboard or two we've created that is sent on a daily/weekly basis with backup successes and failures. Other "canned" KPI's/Reports that are relevant (to me) and are asked about occasionally are VM/Instance Performance/Usage. Specific "canned" reports I find useful are: "Infrastructure Chargeback/VM Chargeback", "Infrastructure Chargeback/VM Performance Chargeback", "Veeam Backup Assessment/*", "Veeam Backup Billing/*", "Veeam Backup Capacity Planning/Veeam Backup Files Growth", "Veeam Backup Monitoring/*", "Veeam Backup Overview/*"

Other reports that are specified to be specific to VMware are also helpful, but would be need to be tendered to the GCP deployment are: "VMware Infrastructure Assessment/VM Change Rate Estimation", "VMware Infrastructure Assessment/VM Configuration Assessment", "VMware Overview/ VM-Specific reports", "VMware Optimization/*",

As for the Enterprise Manager - I like the single-pane of glass for all of the [on-prem] deployments to get a holistic view of backup successes and failures, then the ability to drill into each job/instance, etc. is helpful to quickly identify issues, etc..

Being such a new release, I didn't expect all of the things to work out of the box; just getting ahead of the questions that are inevitable from higher-ups. I'll keep my finger on the pulse of releases and be patient.

Thanks!!
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Nick,

Thanks a lot for such detailed info.
deanpearl71
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dean Pearl

Post by deanpearl71 » 1 person likes this post

didn't want to create a separate thread, maybe someone can answer here
Enterprise Manager for Veeam Backup for Google, if available, will it be released immediately with the latest version? or will it be possible to collaborate with earlier versions? (maybe a stupid question, but still)
thanks for the answer!
"I don't want to own anything that won't fit into my coffin."
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Dean,

Currently, Enterprise Manager does not support Veeam Backup for Google. This is something we have in mind, but it's not expected to arrive in the near time.

Thanks