Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
glenn_
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Glenn K

Full backup to tape fails with "Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process"

Post by glenn_ »

We are trying to do a full backup of a Windows server and this is by now failing with the error "Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process" and I don't know why.

What could be the reason for this? Full backup was working for a long time without problems.

But with Veeam 11 I'm experiencing these issues.

Case #04748251
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Full backup to tape fails with "Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process"

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Glenn,

This message can be caused by different reasons, so it's hard to find the real issue without the logs.
Please keep working with Support and keep us informed.

Thanks!
glenn_
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Glenn K

Re: Full backup to tape fails with "Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process"

Post by glenn_ »

Well, my case was closed without answer. I'm on the community edition, so maybe someone can tell me here, what I can check to find the problem.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

The error message is quite generic and informs us that data traffic coming from source Data Mover to a target one is suddenly stopped, it can occur due to many different reasons. We provide support on a "best effort" basis for customers using Community licensed products. You may open a request again, every single attempt increases the chances to get technical support.

Thanks!