Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AirForce1
Novice
Liked: never

Recovery veeam backup server

Post by AirForce1 »

Hello,
I have a question if there is some solution how to recover crashed server from backup if Veeam is installed on this server? So server with Veeam instalation had some issue so I need to recover from backup but how? As I read from manual you have to first create recovery disk within Veeam aplication but it is not possible if server with Veeam is not working. Am I right or there is something else that I do not know about?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Recovery veeam backup server

Post by foggy »

You can either use the extract.exe utility or install a fresh instance of Veeam B&R somewhere else, rescan the repository and restore the required server.
AirForce1
Novice
Liked: never

Post by AirForce1 »

Extract utility sounds good but its not really what Iam loking for. I want to use same PC/server that crash to also recover from backup and copy backup to also same PC/server. So is there is some kind of utility that you can use as boot and do recovery from there?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You can back this machine up with Veeam Agent for Windows and perform bare-metal recovery in case of system failure. Thanks!
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

One more option is to leverage restore from configuration backup, for example migrate wizard allows you to get a replica of backup server without additional fine-tuning.

Thanks!