Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ONServ
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nicolas OLIVIER

No valid restore points

Post by ONServ »

Hi,
We really need to restore (crypto here !) from these old backup (the recent one are crypted too plz no advice about how to protect it's not in my hands)
It seems this client was using 2 USb disk for backup alternatively with veeam agent windows (2.0 or 3.0...)
On their disk I can see some vib/vbk file but can't restore anything (test rom a windows 10) :

Any advice will be very appreciated !
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: No valid restore points

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Nicolas,

Have you opened a support case? If you already did, please share its ID.
Case ID is mandatory when you post a technical issue.

Did you try workarounds suggested here?

I would also try to import backups to VBR - at least to check they are valid.

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Nicolas,

Can you please clarify where these backup files are located? If that's a file share - try to download files to a local drive and re-open those again. Thanks!
ONServ
Influencer

Post by ONServ »

Hi,
Sorry for the delay we had to work day and night for restoring the client service.
@nathalia : For information : we have load these backup with B&R community : we can restore file. It's not what we needed but it's better than nothing at all !
@dima : the files à on a USB drive (we have two of them one for march 2020 and one for April 2020)

I'm still interested for learning how to repair broken restoration backup for a furthe issue. For now we have reinstall manually the whole server instead of using the veeam recovery and as sad we have mnaully recevoery the folders with B&R .
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Nicolas.

- Add a Hyper-V server role to VBR machine(unless you have other virtualization platforms added already) and pop Instant Recovery to Hyper-V from said agent backup. That will convert physical machine into virtual.
- Log in to said machine, install latest Veeam Agent for Windows, and backup Entire Machine from within VM. Add fresh recovery media iso there as well.
- use new recovery media and new backup to do a bare-metal restore on a hardware server.

That should do the trick!
ONServ
Influencer

Post by ONServ »

Indeed it should do the trick ! I will prepare somewhere a VBR server able to host the Hyper-V role (beause I use a lot of foundation edition and essentials and they can't have hyper-V roles...). I will train my self with this case.
Can someone could explain me why I could't use this disk in the current state and why I have to use the "trick" ?
Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Our support team could help with answering this question, as it is hard to guess what went wrong over the forums. Thanks!