RESTful knowledge exchange
roshanshetty
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Roshan Shetty

How to invoke RESTAPI on backup job failures

Post by roshanshetty »

I have a customer who wants to automatically open a servicenow ticket if a backup job fails. They have configured email notifications in B&R which they do not want to use to integrate with Service Now. Is it possible to invoke a REST API to open a service now ticket if a backup job fails? Also they have Veeam Enterprise Manager. Can Enterprise Mgr be used instead of B&R
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 635 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: How to invoke RESTAPI on backup job failures

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi Roshan,

In terms of integration possibilities, my acquaintance with ServiceNow was very brief, but, from what I know, you will need an instance of MID server to make it work. When it comes to integration with Enterprise Manager API, you might want to check vSnow App.
It is an unofficial tool developed externally, which I personally didn't test, so can't tell if it works, but just a point to begin with.
Also, here is the article you might be interested in.

Thanks,
Oleg
jhoughes
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 112 times
Full Name: Joe Houghes

Post by jhoughes »

It was actually created by one of our Solutions Architect team in EMEA, it was just someone external who created the article on the other Veeam community site.

Still unofficial and not updated for v11, so will not leverage the new VBR API, but it should get you started.

We also have other examples on VeeamHub for sending notifications to ServiceNow.
Husband, Father, Solutions Architect, Geek Extraordinaire | @DenverVMUG, @AustinVMUG & @ATXPowerShell leader | VMware vExpert | Cisco Champion
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 635 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

It was actually created by one of our Solutions Architect team in EMEA
Well, didn't know that. Was just relying on the disclaimer.