Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dcit
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times

Can't delete repository - used in vSphere self-service portal configuration

Post by dcit »

When I am trying to delete old unavailable repository created by import of Veeam Backup configuration. It is not possible to delete it, with reason: used in vSphere self-service portal configuration

I am not aware of configuring such thing. May be it was configured automatically by Enterprise Manager.

Btw on new server, I have not installed Enterprise Manager, as it seems pointless to me, when we have only one VBR server.

What is confusing me is why I have installed it on old server, when all what it meant for me was that I have had more to do when doing upgrades, so waste of time. May be I have wanted "full menu course".

How can I delete that repo?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Can't delete repository - used in vSphere self-service portal configuration

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
That sounds like a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.

I remember that I also had an orphaned component in my lab (where I do ugly things). Support gave me a SQL statement to run it against my Veeam Configuration database. That solved the issue.

So support needs logs and probably also your database
https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
https://www.veeam.com/kb1471

Best regards,
Hannes
dcit
Enthusiast

Post by dcit »

OK, I have another issue with Veeam Backup, ID 02033367.
I have asked it in about this issue, if support engineer can help me with it or I should open another support issue?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

I recommend to handle exactly one issue in one case. that gives the best results with every support / helpdesk I ever worked with
dcit
Enthusiast

Post by dcit »

Support already answered to me:
Yes, this should be handled in a different case. I can create it for you if you prefer.

Regarding this issue, if you still have Enterprise Manager, you can remove Veeam Server from it, if you do not have it, you can install a new one and add/remove Veeam Server to it.

Probably, there was a connection remained from that time in Veeam Database and creates this problem now.

If you prefer, let me know, I will create the case for you.
And I have answered:
> Yes, this should be handled in a different case. I can create it for you if you prefer.

Please create it for me, and quote relevant infos which I have written in this case.

We have still Enterprise Manager installed, but on old onsite backup server (backup of Veeam Backup config from this server I have restored/imported on new VBR server), I do not want to add this new VBR server to it. So if that repo cannot be removed by some "hack" (e.g. SQL script provided by support), I will probably need to install it as addition to new VBR server (on same Windows Server).
So this seems to be on right track.