Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
spfeuffer
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Susanne Pfeuffer

Is that normal: Cluster node was removed from the active failover cluster membership.

Post by spfeuffer »

Hi there,

we have a Exchange DAG with two cluster nodes in two several jobs in veeam. Now my Exchange admin came up to me and showed me this error
Cluster node 'servername' was removed from the active failover cluster membership. The Cluster service on this node may have stopped. This could also be due to the node having lost communication with other active nodes in the failover cluster. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapters on this node. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.
Is that a normal behaivor? or must I be concerned about that.
For my understanding this is normal, as veeam takes away the node for backup, or am I wrong?

Greetz
Susie
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Is that normal: Cluster node was removed from the active failover cluster membership.

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
Veeam just interacts with the Microsoft Exchange VSS writer. The rest is done by Microsoft.

Depending on whether you have a regular DAG or an IP-less DAG, different job settings are recommended and might also solve the issue https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

Best regards,
Hannes