Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BobbyHood
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Bobby Hood

Upgrading DD Boost

Post by BobbyHood »

Is it possible to upgrade DD boost without upgrading our version of Veeam? We're on Veeam 10 using DD Boost 3.4.2.3.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Upgrading DD Boost

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community BobbyHood,

If I am not mistaken Veeam B&R replies on a version of DD OS and not on the actual DD boost version (as long as DD boost version is compatible with the DD OS itself you can use it), but I'll double check that and update this thread with the results.

Form Veeam Backup & Replication 10 system requirements:
Dell EMC Data Domain (DD OS version 6.0 to 7.3) with DDBoost license. Both Ethernet and Fibre Channel (FC) connectivity is supported.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Bobby, are you talking about upgrading DDBoost client library on the Veeam B&R server? In this case, yes, you can replace it with the DDBoost 7.0 library version as those are compatible and version 7.0 has been specifically tested by Veeam against Veeam B&R v10.
BobbyHood
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Bobby Hood

Post by BobbyHood »

Thank you for the welcome.

Foggy, I think so. Our Dell SE recommended upgrading the DD Boost "client plugin". Our Veeam jobs have slowed to a crawl. Throughput to the DD went from 8Gbps to less than 1Gbps. We found logs indicating that the DD is rejecting connections en masse and I guess there's a known issue where DDboost v3.4.2.3 fails to drop connections and gets saturated with them.

Do you have a link handy for downloading the new library? I remember stumbling on it once but I can't seem to find it again.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Please contact technical support, we do not provide public downloads in such cases.