Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jfragoso
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jose Fragoso

Is Veeam SQL Database aware?

Post by jfragoso »

Hi,

Currently, we are using Veeam V6 and I would like to know if Veeam is SQL Database aware? I am asking this because when our databases failover, we are not able to connect to Veeam. We checked our databases and we saw that the active database is the 2nd DB server and it is not the 1st one anymore.

When we tried to connect to veeam, we received the error:

Service cannot be started. Veeam.Backup.Common.CRegeneratedTraceException: Error occurred during database startup maintenance ---> Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.FailedOperationException: Execute with results failed for Database 'Veeam_ConfigLogs'. ---> Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ExecutionFailureException: An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Database 'Veeam_ConfigLogs' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a restore.

Like a said, this is happening because our database did a failvover switch and i would like to know if this is normal? if someone is mirroring databases and they are not having this problem. Right now, we just switch back to the main database and the problem is solved.

Thanks

jose F
chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Re: Is Veeam SQL Database aware?

Post by chrisdearden »

Just to clarify you are using SQL mirroring rather than a regular cluster etc ?
jfragoso
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jose Fragoso

Re: Is Veeam SQL Database aware?

Post by jfragoso »

Hi chris,

Thats correct. We are using SQL mirroring.