Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jobhlidal
Influencer
Liked: never

Veeam 11 - Copy job to Storeonce - limit number of versions

Post by jobhlidal »

Hello.

I have got a problem to configure Veeam Periodic or Immediate copy job to StoreOnce with number of versions/days which is higher then the limit for restore chain which is specific for each version of StoreOnce.

E.g. StoreOnce 5100 has got this limit 21.
I am able to configure copy job with number of versions less or equal 21 but not higher.
Even when I select GFS model to save weekly backup which should create synthetic full, the restore chain is not broken.

In Veeam 10 it worked without problem.
I was able to save any number of versions for copy job in case there was GFS enabled which broke chain by synthetic or active full job.

Is there any way how to configure it in Veeam 11.

Thank you
Jan
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam 11 - Copy job to Storeonce - limit number of versions

Post by foggy »

Hi Jan, in v11 we've changed the retention algorithm for backup copy GFS and it works similarly to the one used for regular backup jobs in v10. The chain should anyway start from scratch upon GFS full creation though, but there's currently a known issue that prevents such job configuration in case of a synthetic full - it is going to be addressed in the next cumulative patch. For the time being, you need to enable the 'Read entire restore point..." check box to get periodic active fulls to break the chain.
jobhlidal
Influencer

Post by jobhlidal »

Hi Foggy.

Thank you for response.
But even if I use check box "'Read entire restore point..." I am not able to select more version than is a limit for open files on storeonce side.

BR
Jan
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I've checked with QA once again and it turns out the issue affects both synthetic and active full backups, sorry for the confusion. You need to wait for the cumulative patch release to get it resolved.
jobhlidal
Influencer

Post by jobhlidal »

Thank you for info.
Jan