Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Tutek
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Wojciech

Veeam does not inform about new updates

Post by Tutek »

Hi,
I use VBR version 11.0.0.837 and I read now this manual https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110
I know that many new patches were released, but my Veeam do not inform me about any new updates. I don't have something like "Missing Updates" in My backup Infrastructure section. Is this normal, or my configuration is wrong, or firewall is blocking anything? Thanks.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Veeam does not inform about new updates

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

I'd check that the backup server is connected to the Internet and update notification is enabled in global settings. If both requirements are met, then it looks like a technical issue and the most appropriate action plan would be to contact our support team.

Thanks!
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

These are the internet addresses that need to be opened:

Veeam Update Notification Server (dev.veeam.com)
HTTPS TCP
Default port used to download information about available updates from the Veeam Update Notification Server over the Internet.

Veeam License Update Server (vbr.butler.veeam.com, autolk.veeam.com)
TCP
Default port used for license auto-update.

Important point is that the Notifications on the Webpage are updated delayed after we have a good number of early adopters and we know it is stable to push this to our 400.000 customers + free/community users.
Tutek
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Wojciech

Post by Tutek »

Yes server is opened to internet but filtered, I have opened HTTPS access for all sites mentioned in this topic. In general option notification about updates are enabled. So I'm waiting now some time to see if that helped.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes, basically the most important point is hidden at the bottom of the post from Andreas above. To reiterate, this is normal because we don't initialize our update servers with the new version until it stabilizes, which usually takes a few patches. I expect V11 to be published with the next cumulative patch. Originally we planned to go ahead with the patch release last week, however we had to drop the updated CDP I/O filter driver from it last minute due to driver signing infrastructure issues on VMware side, as to not to delay the rest of fixes.