Management reporting and documentation
MSweetman
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Sweetman

VeeamONE integration with other tools

Post by MSweetman »

Hi,
We are wanting to automate our billing and currently we use the Backups In Repository reports available in VeeamONE v10. While this is useful, is there any referenece materials for using other reporting tools or scripting to extract data that VeeamONE collects? A schema or reference guide on integrating with tools such as ServiceNOW would be useful.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: VeeamONE integration with other tools

Post by Mildur »

We will face the same situation this summer.
At the moment, I see the possibility to use REST API.
I‘m not the person who will create this integration. But in my opinion, REST API directly to the VBR Server is the best method to get the backup repo sizes.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

Are you using Backup Repos per customer on your VBR Server? I am planning to go this way, one dedicated SOBR for each customer. Customer should pay for the usage in his SOBR. I need some experience from other service provider if this is a good way to design a multi tenant backup server :)
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Mark,

We've just started in v11 our journey towards exposing VONE data natively using REST APIs and you can find what has been done as a first step here. We'll continue extending VONE REST API capabilities in future VONE versions.

With the current version, you may, for example, write alarms data using scripts to a certain directory by passing alarm variables to the script, then pull the data from the directory to a 3-rd party solution. There are several posts where community members discussed the implementation aspects.

Also, you may schedule our native backup (or replica) billing reports to be delivered via email in the desired format or use the workaround (REST API of EM) Fabian mentioned above.

Thanks
MSweetman
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Sweetman

Post by MSweetman »

Hi All,
Thank you for your comments...
We have structured our repositories on a per customer base. We also have them on a per VM basis. All backups for Customer X go to Customer X Repoistory which is the landing repo. We then run BU Copy Jobs for longer retention and off site copies. Those BU Copy jobs also go to dedicated Customer Repositories.
We use the Backups in Repository report as this allows us to show, by Customer and by server, how many backups are stored and how much storage is consumed by each server for the customer.
Don't believe REST API will produce this type of output.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Thank you Mark for sharing your method. I prefer todo exactly the same.

There is a Endpoint to read out the data and backup size of a Backup File:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

It should be possible to match this results with other endpoints like Backup Repo APIs. But I don‘t have any experience with REST API :)
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Just FYI, we have a dedicated VBR REST API subforum, so you may try to find more information there (here is an example) or create a separate topic.

@MSweetman, what kind of information you are currently looking to be present in VONE, and what is the usage scenario? I would like to make a few notes for myself for the future.

Thanks