Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
spider32
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Alexander Martinez

SQL Transaction logs failing when using NetApp NFS Repository

Post by spider32 »

Case # 04815385

Failed to prepare guest for SQL Server transaction log backup Details: Failed prepare storage access
Transaction logs for the following databases were not backed up: master;model........

Unable to process SQL Transaction Logs when using our NFS repository. Full and Incremental backups are successful. I cloned the job and used our CIFs repository and was able to process the SQL Transaction logs successfully.

Support suggested the following:
So Check Log shipper Servers (add all checkbox if all have connection)
Did not fix the issue, still having the same error. When I cloned the job and use the CIFs repo, I reverted back to automatic.

Check credential for Guest Processing has SQL db sysadmin role added
I have no access to the DB instance on the server so I was not able to check this out but the success of going to the CIFs repo means this does not have anything to do with the error

check repository has resources to take concurrent tasks
Concurrent task for NFS set to 4. This is a consistent error when I use the NFS repo.

Verified that NFS access is open (r,w,x) for owner, group, and others on the NetApp side.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: SQL Transaction logs failing when using NetApp NFS Repository

Post by PetrM »

Hi Alexander,

As far as I see, the case was created 3 days ago. I'm not sure that it's really enough for our engineers to figure out the root cause. The best action plan would be to continue working with our support team, I'm pretty sure that they will isolate the issue.

Thanks!
spider32
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Alexander Martinez

Post by spider32 » 1 person likes this post

Thanks Peter. I posted hoping that other Veeam users may have experienced the same issue and can provide ideas on further isolating the issue. Yes, of course, I will definitely continue to work with your support guys.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Alexander,

In fact, the error is quite generic and can be thrown because of many different reasons, likely on repository side, therefore there is no guarantee that someone else's suggestions are suitable in your specific case. That's why we always recommend to work with our support team in case of technical issues.

Thanks!