Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
earljordan
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Earl Jordan

[Feature Request] Select individual VM's to run for existing job without selecting all VM's

Post by earljordan »

I am not finding a way to start a job where you can just select individual VM's to run for existing job without selecting all VM's. For example I would prefer a job named All Core VM's where certain are Virtual Appliances and Others are Windows Servers. I may want to run manual runs of the job where only selecting Virtual Appliances or vice-versa. In this case it would be preferred to not split them out into separate jobs for many reasons.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: [Feature Request] Select individual VM's to run for existing job without selecting all VM's

Post by veremin »

You can run a Quick Backup to perform ad-hoc backup for selected VM or VMs. Thanks!
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: [Feature Request] Select individual VM's to run for existing job without selecting all VM's

Post by Andreas Neufert »

As well there is an option to temporarly exclude the other VMs and as well increase the Retention +1 to not loose restore points.
Depending on how many VMs it is, Quick Backup is the more simple solution and built for the usecase.
earljordan
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Earl Jordan

Post by earljordan »

Thanks!