Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
davidb1234
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: David Borden

Another instance of Veeam Backup for MS Office 365 Proxy is already installed error? Can't install?

Post by davidb1234 »

I have Veeam B&R v10.0.1.4854 installed and working to backup servers. I want to install and use my licensed copy of Veeam Backup for Office 365. I am following the guide and trying to install Veeam.Backup365_5.0.1.225 and I get the following error: Another install of Veeam Backup for MS Office 365 Proxy is already installed. I can't find the icon to launch it and the EXE and folder for Office 365 Backup does not exist. What am I doing wrong or how do I fix/install this component on the same server at B&R v10?

Can someone help steer me in the right direction?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2312 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Another instance of Veeam Backup for MS Office 365 Proxy is already installed error? Can't install?

Post by Mildur »

Is there some data under one of the following paths?

- C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365

Is a service called Veeam.Archiver.Proxy running?

Please open a support Case if that not helps.
You have paid support with your licenses and this looks like a technical issue :)
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
davidb1234
Expert

Re: Another instance of Veeam Backup for MS Office 365 Proxy is already installed error? Can't install?

Post by davidb1234 »

- C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365

No registry keys of this name.

Is a service called Veeam.Archiver.Proxy running?

YES! There is a Veeam.Archiver.Proxy service running. Not sure what it is doing or there for. Could it be related to Physical Server/PC Agent or Virtual Server backup for Veeam?
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Veeam.Archiver.Proxy
This is from a VBO365 Installation.
Because of this Service, you can‘t install VBO365.

I recommend to ask support to clean up this installation. You can try it todo manually by yourself, if the software isn't found in windows software manager to uninstall. But I cannot give you any guarantee about that.
davidb1234
Expert

Post by davidb1234 »

Not found in control panel software unfortunately. I have an open support case. Will discuss with them. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

No problem, happy to help.
Veeam support will help you to remove it cleanly :)
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

@davidb1234 Could you let us know the support case #?
And after the discussion with our engineers, please let us know the outcome.

From what I can read above, you have installed VBO already before. By the way, are you trying to install VBO and VBR on the same server?
davidb1234
Expert

Post by davidb1234 »

Actually we don't think VBO has been installed before but clearly something happened. Yes we are trying to install on same server. Is that OK? Haven't heard back on support case yet. Anything you can do to get them to respond? Case # 04849400
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

@davidb1234
We did reply to your support case and have an engineer assigned to it, however, with the reply of the engineer, we received secure mails back from one of your internal systems. Can you verify you received the email from our support engineer?
davidb1234
Expert

Post by davidb1234 »

We enforce outbound secure email due to HIPPA. I should be able to get emails and did not get any emails from support on the generic case email. Also if I log in under my veeam account the case is not showing up under my cases. I don't understand what is happening. How do I get help? Case#04849400
davidb1234
Expert

Post by davidb1234 »

I found the case in my portal but there are no replies to it yet.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

I can see at least one response from our team, so it is weird that you cannot see this.
I will try to understand what is going on