Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
timmi2704
Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Timo Brandt

Pure Storage Active Cluster Integration

Post by timmi2704 » 1 person likes this post

Dear all,
we are using Pure Storage integration without any real issues for some time now.
As we are using an active-active storage cluster, I was wondering whether anyone knows how to do the integration of both arrays of the active-active cluster?
Is there any configuration that I need to do or would it simply be enough to add the second array to the storage infrastructure within B&R?

Background:
With having all backup jobs targeting only one of two arrays, we see high latencies during backup hours. I'd really like to balance the backup load on both storage arrays.

Thanks a lot.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Pure Storage Active Cluster Integration

Post by foggy »

Hi Timo, Purity ActiveCluster is supported by Veeam B&R meaning that Veeam B&R generally works in such configuration. You can add both nodes to Veeam B&R, however, there's no way to point the job to this or that particular node as Veeam B&R selects one of them randomly (volumes have similar SCSI Unique ID). Though this could allow spreading the backup load somehow, provided proxies have access to both nodes.
johannesk
Expert
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson

Post by johannesk »

Hi,

We are also trying to backup vm's residing on a datastore on active-active Pure cluster.

Are there any plans on to make it possible to select the source array for the backup (assuming anything is possible)?

Regards,
Jóhannes
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Jóhannes, if you need to stick to processing a specific node, you can try to configure proxy access accordingly.