Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
tgx
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times

Backup to scale out repository (Linux) keeps crashing server.

Post by tgx »

I have a new Linux based repository that I have added to my Scale-out repository configuration.
When backups run to that box they will run for lets say a day or so and then the server will
hard hang. You cannot SSH, ping or anything else to that box. The Linux box is built on commodity
hardware (Ryzen 7 6 cores) running OpenSUSE Leap 15.2. Are there any logs that would be helpful
in determining what is going on? The hardware passes all diagnostics and I am unable to find anything
helpful in determining what the problem is. Experience has shown that when there is a hard hang
nothing gets logged but perhaps there is something somewhere that might be helpful. My Veeam server
is V11. Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Backup to scale out repository (Linux) keeps crashing server.

Post by veremin »

What is the support case ID for this issue? It's required while posting about technical problems. Thanks!
tgx
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times

Post by tgx » 1 person likes this post

Kind of defeats the purpose of posting in an open forum but here it is: #02440094
Pretty sure I'll get some terse reply from support that will be non-helpful which is why I
posted here.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Support case is only required when posting about an error or technical issue. For everything else you do not need it - just post a question.

I'm curious why you have such a negative perception towards our support team though. They are closing over 97% of support cases to the customer satisfaction, according to the poll that is sent automatically following the closure of each support case. And that's for over 1000 support cases we see open on each work day.

Thanks!