Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
fill_uk
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Phil Sigley

Problem setting up linux repository

Post by fill_uk »

Hi Everyone, I am hoping someone has some advice that will help me solve a problem I am seeing.

I want to do some testing with hardening linux repositories in v11. I have built an Ubuntu VM in my Hyper-V environment and am working to this guide to set up the repository https://bp.veeam.com/vbr/VBP/Security/h ... ry-account

When it comes to adding the server in Veeam I get an error installing the Data Mover Service as below

Error Installing Veeam Data Mover service Error: mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/opt/veeam’: Permission denied
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/opt/veeam’: Permission denied

The accont used is the standard user set up as per the guide, it is however obviously missing something. I can create the folder on the server with an administrative account however this just leads the install to error creating a sub-folder.

Has anyone seen this before or know what I have missed?

Thanks

Phil
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Problem setting up linux repository

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

Please note that the best practice guide is on V10 and there were changes in V11.

You need temporary sudo permissions for installing the persistent data mover (new in V11)

Best regards,
Hannes
fill_uk
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Phil Sigley

Re: Problem setting up linux repository

Post by fill_uk »

Hi Hannes

Thanks, I hadnt realised that. I found som updated guidance and with a bit of effort to understand the credentials process I have the repository working now.

Thanks again for your help

Phil