Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
enermose
Novice
Liked: 2 times

Bug report - Veeam explorer for microsoft sql server issue

Post by enermose »

Hi,

I am currently evaluating the new Microsoft SQL server feature of Veeam backup and replication v11.0, build version 11.0.0.837 P20210324. I am examining the possibility of restoring a database or export of a sql database file from backup files. There is an issue in the final stage of process and below error message displays:

Code: Select all

veeam explorer sql service Test Failed to call RPC function 'VerifyiSCSIServiceIsStarted': Timed out to start service 'MSiSCSI'.

To recreate the issue follow below steps:

1- Create a backup job of a virtual machine with sql server enterprise
2- Enable Application aware settings
3- Enable File Stream feature
4- reboot the service and the virtual machine
4- Allow access to and from the backup proxy and backup repository to the dbms virtual machine
5- enter high level privilege of SA on the sql server connection window and administrators service account.
6- Run the backup job, after the job finished try to restore from veeam explorer for sql service
7- Choose any of the options available such as database export.

I would be glad to have any one opinion in this respect.
Best Regards,
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Bug report - Veeam explorer for microsoft sql server issue

Post by Gostev »

Hello! As explained when you click New Topic, for technical issues you should open a support case before posting on the forum. Once you do that properly, including attaching the debug logs that capture the issue, our support engineers will be able to escalate the case to the corresponding development team for an opinion. Thanks!
enermose
Novice

Post by enermose »

Well, As I said we are currently evaluating the product and it takes time to order the product and have a customer panel. In meantime is it possible to resolve the issue?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Resolving a Issue needs debug logs from the veeam server. It‘s possible only when your are opening a case with support. This forums are not run by veeam support. Uploading logs to the forum is not allowed per forum posting rules :)

With Veeam Trial licensing and Veeam Community Edition it is allowed to open a case.
https://www.veeam.com/support-policy.ht ... -text-link
4.2. Evaluation customers
We make best effort to provide equivalent of “Basic Support” response times to customers with valid trial license during the official evaluation period.

4.3. Community, Free and NFR licensed products
We do not provide phone support for Community, Free or NFR licensed products. Email support is provided on a best-effort basis depending on staff availability, but there are no response goals or response guarantees for this service. Access to hot fixes, patches and updates requires an active maintenance agreement for at least one deployment of the corresponding product. Users without an active maintenance agreement receive fixes by downloading periodic generally available product releases.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

@enermose As mentioned above, the best way to address any technical issue is to contact our support team but I have an idea which might be helpful: please check Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service on the target server and make sure that you can start it.

Thanks!
enermose
Novice

Re: Bug report - Veeam explorer for microsoft sql server issue - #04886966

Post by enermose » 1 person likes this post

Many thanks folks,
I have created a support case with the id #04886966

I tried that one, with no help.
I also tried to set built-in administrator account, turned off the firewall on both the backup repository and database service, installed latest windows server 2019 updates as many people suggest that Microsoft iSCSI service has had many issue with patches. The issue still persist.