Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ritterbruder
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: clark keller

Scheduled Jobs staying at 0% No backups for a week

Post by ritterbruder »

I have premium tech support (I think it's like 8 hour turn around time 24/7 tech support) I contacted them last week about this issue and they still haven't resolved it. They don't even realize that the backups are FAILING and are troubleshooting some other minor issue on a vm that IS backing up. They've told me they will contact me back multiple times but never do and I am fed up. Ticket number: ID#5159586

Okay now that the fury is gone...

I have backups that are scheduled to run off my localhost as proxy. They always hang at 0%. My specs:

esxi 4.1
Server 2008 x64
4gb Ram
4 cpu (Xeon 3.2 ghz)

They said that the proxy install may have messed up and to create a new one... which I did, specs:

esxi 4.1
server 2008 x64
10gb ram
4 cpu (Xeon 3.2ghz)

It can now run ONE backup at a time, if I manually start the job. I have checked and upped my repository and proxy's allowed vms/jobs to be ran to 5. Tech support tells me i need to reinstall the proxy. To do so I need to delete all of my backup and replication jobs and remove the default proxy. I do so but it doesn't allow you to remove the default proxy or repository, so I lose all my config. I spend all day yesterday recreating every repository and job, apply a hotfix they send me and it still hangs at 0% for HOURS on every scheduled replication and backup job.

I'm not trying to rant but it's been a week, I paid for the best support I can get and for precisely scenarios like this. I know it's a rough patch right now with new version coming out but come on, someone please help me. Last time I contacted veeam was at 11am cst... they said they would have someone call me right away... it is now almost 9:15am cst and no one has called.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Scheduled Jobs staying at 0% No backups for a week

Post by Gostev »

Hi Clark, thanks for posting your support case number. I have forwarded this to the support management. Please keep in mind that you can always request a callback from support manager if you are not happy with how your support case is handled by the specific engineer. We will simply not know there is a problem unless you guys tell us. Thanks!
ritterbruder
Novice

Post by ritterbruder »

Thanks I appreciate your attention on this!
bjvaughan
Lurker
Full Name: Brannon Vaughan

Post by bjvaughan »

Has this been resolved? I am experiencing the same type of issue. I havent had a good backup in a week and there seems to be no sense of urgency on veeam's part. Ticket number 5161069
ritterbruder
Novice

Post by ritterbruder »

For the most part it has. Look at all of your Veeam services and make sure their log on accounts are an administrator account with full permissions on the server and NOT local account (I just did my domain admin account). This is a bug in the proxy install. Also we found adding another proxy helped a whole lot as well. I'll check back in since others are having problems.

(I'd also like to say Seth, the guy who I am now working with, is awesome on every level)
ritterbruder
Novice

Post by ritterbruder »

I take that back, still massive problems and no solid night of backups yet. I thought we were getting close but we're back at square 1.