Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
IOWDave
Novice
Liked: never

Refresh Hardware Information - vCentre 5

Post by IOWDave »

Good Afternoon,

We upgraded VC to version 5 over the course of the weekend and are no longer seeing the "Refresh hardware information" log entries. As I understand it the events are generated by the collectors polling for new hardware events. Has anyone else experienced this issue and, if so, can you please let me know if the API changed in vSphere 5 to supress the logging of the events or if this is indicative of a problem with the polling of the hardware?

Thanks,
Dave.
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Refresh Hardware Information - vCentre 5

Post by Alec King »

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately the lack of Refresh Hardware events in this case does mean a problem in gathering data from vCenter.

This is one of the reasons that we do not claim vSphere 5 support for nworks 5.6 - only our up-coming 5.7 release fully and natively supports vSphere 5 API in all departments.

However the good news is that our 5.7 release is VERY close - it is difficult to promise exact dates, even this close - but we are in final QA, and the release date is days not weeks away.

We do have a Release Candidate build of the 5.7 MP available, if you would like to install that and restore your monitoring - alternatively, the actual release is so close you may prefer to wait for the GA code.

Any queries on the above please let me know,

Regards,
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software
IOWDave
Novice

Post by IOWDave »

Good Morning,

Thanks for the information. We will wait until the GA release of the latest version as it looked very interesting on the webinar.

Regards,
Dave.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

I heard it went gold today ;)
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Tsk Tsk, Gostev - always with rumours and gossip! :P

But there may be some truth - nworks 5.7 release is not days away any more. Now it's merely hours.... :D
krowczynski
Enthusiast
Full Name: Arkadiusz Krowczynski

Post by krowczynski »

Hi,

well if you say hours, it seems we all will have smoethin to play around at the weekend. :-)
Yan Skoursky
Novice

Post by Yan Skoursky »