Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
sandinetcom
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Sandip Saha

Veeam windows Agent Sql Database individual backup

Post by sandinetcom »

Dear Team,

we have some SQL Database windows servers I am installing veeam Agent for Windows on those servers (Veeam v11)

Do we need to perform only SQL database backups instead of taking the entire server?

and my second question We have a main SQL DB server with 10 DBs, can we choose some of the databases need to backup and some of the database not backing up?

Please help.

Thanks
Sandip Saha
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2895 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Veeam windows Agent Sql Database individual backup

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
entire server is the way to go because Veeam does block based backup per default. Selection of databases would result in file based backup. That would be slower and result in larger backup files.

For SQL, please follow the user guide: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: if your SQL machines are VMs running on VMware or Hyper-V, you can go without agents
sandinetcom
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Sandip Saha

Post by sandinetcom »

Hello,

Thanks For your time and support

we have 10 databases in one server in this server only 6 databases is required to backup in case I am selected entire server so its huge size in other volumes it is not required to backup so we need only selected database backup

Please help any option

Thanks
Sandip Saha
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2895 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
yes, "entire server" is the way to go. If a new database becomes important, then it will be fully protected automatically by doing that.

If that doesn't work for you, I recommend using native SQL backup tools.

Best regards,
Hannes