Management reporting and documentation
Zach123
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: zaki khan

Veeam One Community Edition

Post by Zach123 »

Hi Team

I am planning to install the Veeam One community edition in our environment. The only thing we want is reporting on daily / weekly / monthly backup jobs.

We are not concerned about managing our virtual infrastructure ( Venter / Hyper V etc).

The document states "The community license includes 10 instances free of charge and does not have an expiration date".

What will be the impact if we add the VBR server with let's say 100 VM's getting backed up. Will it not allow me to add the VBR server. If it allows me to add the server and I generate the report, will it contain the backup information of only 10 VM's?

As mentioned, we do not want to monitor anything. Just need reports on the backups.

We do have VEM ( Veeam Enterprise Manager ) installed, but don't have the functionality to send daily / weekly reports.
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Re: Veeam One Community Edition

Post by nikolaj »

Hi zaki,

In this particular case that you've mentioned you'd get both reporting and monitoring for the whole server, however the exports of your reports will contain watermarks across their pages.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam One Community Edition

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Zaki,

To monitor the VBR server with 100 VMs, you need a licensed version of Veeam ONE. Veeam ONE CE is limited to monitoring the protection status of 10 VMs only. I would recommend installing the trial version of Veeam ONE and then reach out to our sales reps and see how you can be upgraded to Veeam Availability Suite (if you're happy with what you see in the reports). Also, keep in mind that support for Community Edition is done on best effort basis, so if you have a production issue, then you will have to wait with the CE.

Thanks!