Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
alex_ilie
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Alexandru Ilie

Replicate the backup in Veeam 6

Post by alex_ilie »

Hi. Is it possible to replicate the backup taken in Veeam 6 on another veeam 6 server. How? When i try to create a replication job all i get is to replicate the vms on another host. I do not want this. I want to replicate the backup to another veeam server. Is it possible? Thank you!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replicate the backup in Veeam 6

Post by foggy »

Alexandru, you can use File Copy job to copy backup files to another location. However, consider that this type of jobs does not support incremental runs. Btw, what do you want to replicate the backups for? Do you want to have them offsite or for the purpose of importing to another Veeam server?
alex_ilie
Influencer

Post by alex_ilie »

Hi Foggy. I want to have them in an external location, outside of the datasenter. R u saying that it is not possible to replicate just the backup jobs? Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I'm saying that you cannot use replication jobs for it. If you are looking for some best practices for backing up offsite, please search our forums for numerous existing discussions on that subject: http://forums.veeam.com/search.php?keyw ... ackup+best
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

alex_ilie wrote:I do not want this. I want to replicate the backup to another veeam server. Is it possible? Thank you!
Most customers seem are having good results with rsync (search this forum for rsync). Thanks.
alex_ilie
Influencer

Post by alex_ilie »

We are using SuperFlexible file Synchronizer wich is great, but we were thinking to use just Veeam. Thank you anyway.
bsousapt
Novice
Full Name: Bruno Sousa

Post by bsousapt »

alex_ilie wrote:Hi. Is it possible to replicate the backup taken in Veeam 6 on another veeam 6 server. How? When i try to create a replication job all i get is to replicate the vms on another host. I do not want this. I want to replicate the backup to another veeam server. Is it possible? Thank you!

Hi Alex,

Do you want to copy your replication jobs from one server to another one, or you want to copy the backup data from one veeam server to another one?
If you want to copy the backup data, you can use multiple Windows tools, like FastCopy, Rsync, SyncToy, etc...However to copy the backup jobs, since the jobs are stored within the SQL server i think that you need to use some SQL server tool to make a export of the database and import it into the new SQL server.

I never did this and i don't know if this is correct/possible to do, so confirm it with Veeam support.

Thanks,
Bruno