Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
psmith
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: PSmith

File Modify Date

Post by psmith »

version Veeam Backup 3.1

When I go to restore individual guest files I see that it has the created date on the file but I can't seem to find a way to display the last modify date of the file. This would be incredibly helpful information. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: File Modify Date

Post by Gostev »

I don't have access to my lab right now, but have you tried to get to the file using Windows Explorer instead of built-in Backup Browser, and see if it shows the info you are looking for? In case you did not know, during Windows file level restore all VM disks are mounted as local drives on your Veeam Backup console, and they are browsable by normal means using your favorite file explorer.
psmith
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: PSmith

Post by psmith »

That is perfect! I didn't realize it mounted it as a drive. Sure enough using Windows Explorer you see the file modify date right there!

Thanks
averylarry
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Ted

Post by averylarry »

I know this is from ages ago, but I find that I would really prefer to see the modify date when doing individual guest file restores in the actual restore window.

When I have to test my backups quarterly, I prefer to just have the information in front of me easily instead of finding some obscure random directory name where the files are mounted just to see the modified date (which is more commonly preferred anyway).

Seems easy enough to add or have modifed instead of created date in the backup window. I like to sort by modifed date and that makes it even easier to see if the backup is working.
averylarry
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Ted

Post by averylarry »

PS -- I'm talking about v.6
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »