Agentless, cloud-native backup for Microsoft Azure
Rouxls Kaard
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Arlo Paulson

Retry backup job for failed VM

Post by Rouxls Kaard »

Hello,
If a backup job runs and backs up let say 20 VMs but 1 fails, how can I retry the backup job for just the one VM?

Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Retry backup job for failed VM

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi, you can set the retry period for failed VMs only over here > Step 8. Specify Retry and Email Notification Settings. Hope it helps!
Rouxls Kaard
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Arlo Paulson

Post by Rouxls Kaard »

Hello,
I appreciate the reply. I already have the retry period enabled. If the VM fails after the retries, I'd like to be able to manually retry the backup just for the VM that failed (like you can do in Veeam B&R). Here's the scenario:
Let's say that the reason the backup for the VM failed was due to VSS issues on the VM. The VSS issues do not resolve themselves and the retry period was unsuccessful. This means human intervention is required. So, being an admin with access to the VM, I log into the guest OS and resolve the VSS issues. What I'd like to do next is manually retry the backup job just for the VM failed.

Understand?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Arlo,

Thanks for the clarification! There is no such manual retry option, only automatic retries are available, but thanks for the FR! We will see what we can do to address this use case in our next releases.

Thanks!