Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
j2wong
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Joe Wong

AD OU included 200 Workstation and how to schedule one by one in one agent backup job?

Post by j2wong »

my client have 200+ Workstation need to use veeam agent backup, and those workstation are in 1 AD OU.
my client create one protection group and added this AD OU in.

then create one windows agent backup job and put this protection group.
but my client find the agent backup job are using a lot of time to do sythehic full backup

I just have a idea if agent backup can set different schedule within agent backup job by each workstation....?
or the agent backup job just can start backup job for all workstation at one time?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: AD OU included 200 Workstation and how to schedule one by one in one agent backup job?

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
for different start times, you would need different jobs. I suggest another way to fix the root cause.

Synthetic fulls work fine in the recommended architecture with REFS or XFS as repository file system: https://www.veeam.com/blog/advanced-ref ... suite.html

Best regards,
Hannes
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: AD OU included 200 Workstation and how to schedule one by one in one agent backup job?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Joe,
I just have a idea if agent backup can set different schedule within agent backup job by each workstation....?
or the agent backup job just can start backup job for all workstation at one time?
You can limit the amount of task slots on the repository, every task is counted as agent source disk and it's not enough free task slots - agent jobs will be started one by one. Cheers!