Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mmauri@mgc.es
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Miquel

Feature Request: use Veeam Cloud Connect as target repository for Oracle RMAN backup copy job

Post by mmauri@mgc.es » 1 person likes this post

I have discussed with Veeam support and apparently there is no way to use a Veeam Cloud Connect repository as the target repository for a Backup Copy Job for Oracle RMAN backup. As I said to support, is very important to us, and I'm sure, to many others Veeam users, to use a Veeam Cloud Connect repository as a backup copy target for applications like Oracle RMAN and SAP. Nowadays it's necessary to extract copys of our backups to external targets and I feel there is no more secure target than Veeam Cloud Connect with anti-hacking activated, so I'm starting this thread to request for the feature to be available as soon as possible. If it can help to develop this feature, I can offer our support as beta testers.

Thanks in advance.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Feature Request: use Veeam Cloud Connect as target repository for Oracle RMAN backup copy job

Post by wishr » 2 people like this post

Hi Miquel,

Thank you for the request, it's noted.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Feature Request: use Veeam Cloud Connect as target repository for Oracle RMAN backup copy job

Post by PetrM »

Hi Miquel,

Thanks a lot for your feedback and for your willingness to help us with beta testing! Perhaps, data offload to the Capacity Tier by Copy policy might be considered as an alternative way to extract copies of backups to an external target.

Thanks!